Berean Literal Bible
A literal yet readable translation that takes the reader to the core of the Greek and Hebrew meanings:
1. Parts of speech match as closely as possible in translation from Greek to English.
2. Tense, mood, and voice of verbs are maintained as closely as possible.
3. All tags from the interlinear are maintained so that the word for word translation can be connected back to each element of the original text.
4. Gender is translated to be consistent with the Greek sources (This is also maintained in the Interlinear and Study Bibles).
5. Pronouns that represent Deity are capitalized for clearer study of difficult passages (This format is maintained from the Interlinear and through the Study Bible).
6. Sentence structure is maintained so that, in general, the flow of the longer Greek sentences is not interrupted in the translation to the literal version.
To use the full text in your website, software, or app, fill out our licensing form and receive instant approval. Additionally, You may use freely without a licence up to 2000 verses in any media including print. Please see the preface for attributrion statement. You may also print up to 200 copies for free distribution in a church, outreach, or missions setting.
1. An interlinear Bible to directly follow the Greek and Hebrew texts.
2. A literal translation to take the reader to the core of the Greek and Hebrew meanings.
3. A modern English translation, effective for public reading, memorization, and evangelism.
4. An emphasized translation to bring out the full meaning and intensity of the original texts.
The Old Testament Translation is underway for the Interlinear, Literal, and Study Bibles. We have tentatively scheduled an online release for December 2017 and a BSB print version in 2018. We will provide updates as this project progresses.
We welcome all input on our partial draft of the BSB OT, available at: